Sunday, December 5, 2010

Chai {Pit Bull Cross} - ADOPTED

Chai is a beautiful girl that came to us from shelter in the US because her time was up.


She is incredibly well trained and very smart.  After a few days she already has learned her new name and she already knew how to sit, lay down, shake a paw, roll over and "go to your bed".  She is also housetrained.


She is very playful with both people and other dogs but is also very quick to mellow out when play time is over.  She has what we call a great "on/off switch"!  She is a very fun dog to have around and as you can see she has a pretty good time out in the snow.  :)


She is very quiet and rarely barks and is very good in her crate.  Her only fault is her bad leash manners.  She definitely needs some training in this department but with how quickly she has learned everything else, we have no doubt she'll be great at this in no time!


She is very affectionate and loves to snuggle. She'll try and smear herself all over you when you give her the chance.


Chai would make a great dog for a person or family that is a little more on the active side as this girl does like to go.  She needs regular walks and active play time, but she also loves to just hang out in the house.

PS - She is way prettier in person than these pictures show!

For more information on this dog, please contact the Windy City Canine Rescue at info@windycityrescue.com or by calling 403-359-3139.



_____________________________________________

Our adoption fee allows us to provide the basics for the dogs in our care, but we are always encountering additional expenses (dental work, medicine for illnesses, etc.).  If you would like to help dogs like this one, but aren't looking to adopt one at this time, please consider a donation.  Thank you.

5 comments:

  1. I finally gave in and let her weasel her way up on the couch. She's decided that the best place to sleep is right on top of me and I've spent the last 20 minutes trying to avoid her kisses. She's a doll!

    - Chai's foster mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is gorgeous! I wish my sister could take her. She has an old Staffie but lives in Ontario where they banned these bullies, horrible, horrible. I wonder if you said she was a lab/boxer cross? Are you sure she is pit? I'm just sayin' - I am sending this pic to her. She is on the hunt for another dog. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, not sure, it's just our best guess - she's been labeled as retriever and pointer too, I think??? But I don't know anything about the regulations out there so I don't want to say one way or the other. What I can say is she is the sweetest thing. She has been nothing but loving and just rests her pretty head on you waiting for scratches. Really truly, not an accident in the house, no mischief, no noise, a teenie little bit of possessiveness with toys, some strangeness with new men but is okay once they're introduced...she's just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My sister is interested... I can't make any promises but if she wants me to come take a look, I will. I don't know why, this dog just grabs me. If I could take her, I would.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK, it's me again. My sister is definitely interested but is worried about her old boy and cats. She's thinking hard. I know you will adopt her if a home comes up. As you can imagine, this is a hard time of year and sis is working double shifts. Sorry to use the comments, I guess if things get serious, I will call you. Good luck with this girl, who knows what the future will hold for her.

    ReplyDelete